The Puerto Vallarta International Airport (symbol: PVR) has multiple flights daily to and from destinations within Mexico, Canada, and USA.
Arriving from the airport to San Pancho:
1. Auto* rented at the airport from international agencies (be aware that quoted prices usually do not include optional, but necessary, insurance)
2. Auto* rented from off-airport agencies like Gecko and Amigo located in Bucerias who deliver to the airport (often a less expensive option that includes insurance in the price)
3. On airport Taxi (about $80USD);
4. Off airport Taxi: By crossing the footbridge across Highway 200 off-airport taxis are available for a little less;
5. Reserved airport pick-up service from Diva Tours in San Pancho (about $120USD for roundtrip transportation; www.divatours.net)
6. Local bus (no luggage compartment) across footbridge from the airport (about $35mxn);
7. Long-distance bus from the Central Camionera after taking off airport taxi to bus station (about $80mxn bus plus $40mxn taxi)
Long distance bus service from Guadalajara stops in nearby La Penita (20 minutes by taxi). Tickets can be bought online for most of the bus lines.
*Please note when entering San Pancho by car, that in Mexico it is customary to pull off the road to the right, wait for all traffic to pass and then cross over the highway to the left and into San Pancho. Blinkers commonly used to signal turning in U.S. driving, are used to signal drivers to pass in Mexico which can prove very, very dangerous at intersections.