The Puerto Vallarta International Airport (symbol: PVR) has multiple flights daily to and from destinations within Mexico, Canada, and USA.
Arriving from the airport to San Pancho:
1. Auto* rented at the airport from international agencies (be aware that quoted prices usually do not include optional, but necessary, insurance)
2. Auto* rented from off-airport agencies like Gecko and Amigo located in Bucerias who deliver to the airport (often a less expensive option that includes insurance in the price)
3. On airport Taxi (about $80USD);
4. Off airport Taxi: By crossing the footbridge across Highway 200 off-airport taxis are available for a little less;
5. Reserved airport pick-up service from Diva Tours in San Pancho (about $120USD for roundtrip transportation; www.divatours.net)
6. Local bus (no luggage compartment) across footbridge from the airport (about $35mxn);
7. Long-distance bus from the Central Camionera after taking off airport taxi to bus station (about $80mxn bus plus $40mxn taxi)
Long distance bus service from Guadalajara stops in nearby La Penita (20 minutes by taxi). Tickets can be bought online for most of the bus lines.